KMA Off Road Forums  

Go Back   KMA Off Road Forums > Open Discussion > What did you do to your Jeep today?

What did you do to your Jeep today? Lets have it, you now have a place to brag about your heep :)

Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Storm Trooper
Dedicated Member

TX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkask View Post
I know there are at least a couple members who could build these, and maybe cheaper than those.

news that I love to hear.. saving money is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer_tat View Post
That's an awesome price on the rear tire carrier, but I'd buy finished tube fenders instead of that kit. You can get tube fenders for $200 a pair brand new, or cheaper if you source them used.
nayyyyy, I'm not going to replace the whole fenders.. I'm going to just run tubing along the original fender. it would be some what of an exocage. I'd like to try and connect it to my rad. protector on my stinger and run a bar over my cowl to the other fenders. undecided on wether or not I'll want the pipe welded to my rockers or just the frame. When I can get with someone that has a tube bender and knows how to weld cough cough -GT... we'll draw up some plans. I think this should be a fairly easy task to do.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Storm Trooper
Dedicated Member

TX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to beholdTX02TJ is a splendid one to behold

Like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dinino.jpg (52.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 09:23 PM
JeepJeepJeep Klub Member!
Rock God

necromancer_tat is on a distinguished road

The issue with TJ's and exo cages is that the TJ has a frame, so tying the body and frame together without using bushing will cause stress in the various tubing, leading to weld failures, cracks, buckling, etc. Exo cages work best on unibody Jeeps.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:47 PM
President
Rock God

MrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to behold

Swapped my 3 in body lift for a 1.25 in body lift. Replaced my steering stabilizer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM
JeepJeepJeep Klub Member!
Rock God

necromancer_tat is on a distinguished road

Last night I ordered a Ruff Stuff dif cover for my 8.8 using the 15% off coupon DAYLIGHT.

Today I reinstalled 2 bolts into my beadlocks that fell out somewhere, and I retorqued the rest all the way around the rim twice. Then I checked my air pressure and 3 out of 4 was fine but 1 was down to 15 lbs. When I inflated it back up to 20;bs it was hissing around the bead lock so I retorqued all those bolts all the way around the rim twice. I didn't have these issues with the steel lockrings on my previous Raceline beadlocks so it must have something to do with the aluminum locking ring, either that or the tires maybe. The bead on my Swamper Iroks was a lot thicker than the bead on my MTR/K's is, I had to use starter bolts to get the supplied bolts to work with the Iroks, but not with the MTR/k's they threaded right in with no problems.

After setting the air pressure in each tire to 20lbs I decided it was time to clean out all the nuts and bolts and misc. fasteners and hardware that I had all over the passenger floor, the glove box, and center console.

Then I decided it was a good idea to wash it even though it was only 47 degrees outside which was a bad idea because my fingers still haven't thawed out completely but the Jeep looks nice and pretty for now at least!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Storm Trooper
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer_tat View Post
Last night I ordered a Ruff Stuff dif cover for my 8.8 using the 15% off coupon DAYLIGHT.

Today I reinstalled 2 bolts into my beadlocks that fell out somewhere, and I retorqued the rest all the way around the rim twice. Then I checked my air pressure and 3 out of 4 was fine but 1 was down to 15 lbs. When I inflated it back up to 20;bs it was hissing around the bead lock so I retorqued all those bolts all the way around the rim twice. I didn't have these issues with the steel lockrings on my previous Raceline beadlocks so it must have something to do with the aluminum locking ring, either that or the tires maybe. The bead on my Swamper Iroks was a lot thicker than the bead on my MTR/K's is, I had to use starter bolts to get the supplied bolts to work with the Iroks, but not with the MTR/k's they threaded right in with no problems.

After setting the air pressure in each tire to 20lbs I decided it was time to clean out all the nuts and bolts and misc. fasteners and hardware that I had all over the passenger floor, the glove box, and center console.

Then I decided it was a good idea to wash it even though it was only 47 degrees outside which was a bad idea because my fingers still haven't thawed out completely but the Jeep looks nice and pretty for now at least!

have you ever had problems like that with beadlocks before??
Old 03-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Storm Trooper
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
Swapped my 3 in body lift for a 1.25 in body lift. Replaced my steering stabilizer.
Is a looking nice!!! I was thinking of going with he 1.25 bl. what brand did you go with?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 PM
President
Rock God

MrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to beholdMrSandman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX02TJ View Post
Is a looking nice!!! I was thinking of going with he 1.25 bl. what brand did you go with?
JKS, nothing fancy just poly spacer/pucks and a transfer case linkage bracket.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 PM
KMA Krew
Dedicated Member

JK TANK is a splendid one to beholdJK TANK is a splendid one to beholdJK TANK is a splendid one to beholdJK TANK is a splendid one to beholdJK TANK is a splendid one to beholdJK TANK is a splendid one to behold

What stabilizer you go with?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Web Krawler
Stocker

Wrench is on a distinguished road

got my Novak cable shifter installed puttin in a hand throttle once i get back from GA