KMA Off Road Forums  

Go Back   KMA Off Road Forums > Open Discussion > What did you do to your Jeep today?

What did you do to your Jeep today? Lets have it, you now have a place to brag about your heep :)

Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM
KMA Krew
Rock God

Tonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to behold

Looks good! Mines overdue for the same treatment.
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
You'll learn to hate me!
Rock God

GrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to behold

As are pretty much all of mine
'80 CJ7 that is a frame and a crap load of parts in boxes and buckets
WWW.GTsGears.com
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
Cut, Bend, Weld, Repeat!
Rock God

AlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud of

Good deal Tim! I don't mean to ruffle folks feathers even though I seem to be pretty good at it these days.

Steve, glad that the floor cage is coming together! Looks good! There is no room for hands under those bars when its time to mount things down I bet; I know that mine were tight in my TJ when I had my old style mounts in there, and even my new ones are a snug fit for sure.

Man, clean paint on parts? Whats that all about? Looks really good! My whole rig needs a good once over with a wire wheel and rattle can.

Lets see, for "My Jeep Lately"...
Picked up a replacement Rod end for a busted suspension link end.

Bought new winch rope for my 9.5ti and found that the drum is rust scaled badly so a new one of those is on the way.

Started on a new spare front driveshaft that is a little straighter and stronger than my last spare that I destroyed in Harlan and then again at Tinsley.

And, started cleaning up my trailer finally. Getting a blast, paint, and new deck and lights.

'97 TJ- Probably upside-down and on fire somewhere.

Engineering Judgement........ ...... Jury and Executioner.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
pro peckerwood
Rock God

speedbucket is a name known to allspeedbucket is a name known to allspeedbucket is a name known to allspeedbucket is a name known to allspeedbucket is a name known to allspeedbucket is a name known to all

Looks good steve and Ken, i did mine last fall when i finished off the wings on the rear bumper.
Alex. What joint is that?
and last time i saw your trela it had ALL of the crap piled on top of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixnstuf View Post
.....then regret the heck out of it because of all the junk that's gonna fall on my face.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Cut, Bend, Weld, Repeat!
Rock God

AlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Looks good steve and Ken, i did mine last fall when i finished off the wings on the rear bumper.
Alex. What joint is that?
and last time i saw your trela it had ALL of the crap piled on top of it...
QA1 "Rock End"
http://www.qa1.net/rod-ends-and-rela...ring-rock-ends

And yea, that stuff is now on the back of the International Loadstar, and my trella is "deck-less and tail-less" at the moment. Hoping to sling a dove on it this weekend and then send it off for blast and prep.. then a new deck and lights the following weekend.

'97 TJ- Probably upside-down and on fire somewhere.

Engineering Judgement........ ...... Jury and Executioner.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
You'll learn to hate me!
Rock God

GrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to beholdGrouchyTim is a splendid one to behold

Taking it to Flatlanders, Alex?
WWW.GTsGears.com
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
You'll learn to hate me!
Rock God

And those ends actually don't look like a bad deal. You're pretty brutal sometimes though. I wonder how that little clip is going to hold up to your abuse. Good prices though. Saving for later possible use.
WWW.GTsGears.com
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
KMA Krew
Rock God

Tonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxJ64 View Post
Steve, glad that the floor cage is coming together! Looks good! There is no room for hands under those bars when its time to mount things down I bet; I know that mine were tight in my TJ when I had my old style mounts in there, and even my new ones are a snug fit for sure.
Thanks! It was nice and easy before the center console and the stock seatbelt stuff went back in. With that stuff back in the equation the rear bolts are not fun. Im actually sore as **** today from the contortionist positions I got my self in while trying to get my arms under the seat from the back to tighten them down. I cant wait to wheel with them though, its such a huge difference over stock seats.
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
JeepJeepJeep Klub Member!
Rock God

necromancer_tat is on a distinguished road

Would you be opposed to hole sawing a couple of access holes under the brackets so you could just use a socket and extension? You could plug them back up afterwards with the knock out plugs used for electrical panels.
Old Today, 07:34 AM
KMA Krew
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer_tat View Post
Would you be opposed to hole sawing a couple of access holes under the brackets so you could just use a socket and extension? You could plug them back up afterwards with the knock out plugs used for electrical panels.
The brackets are accesible, its just that with the step up thats behind the seat it makes it difficult to get under the seat from the back and you cant reach from the front, its doable just takes some time to get your wrenches positioned right and line up the seat/bracket holes. Im thinking now that everything will be settled in to place the second time around should line up better. Are you talking about hole sawing the floor? Yes, I would be opposed to that.