KMA Off Road Forums  

Go Back   KMA Off Road Forums > Open Discussion > What did you do to your Jeep today?

What did you do to your Jeep today? Lets have it, you now have a place to brag about your heep :)

Old 05-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Cut, Bend, Weld, Repeat!
Rock God

AlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
I think the tire rod managed to get hit right while it was in front of the track bar wich must have bent it back enough that it was then hitting the diff because it looks bent back and there are rub marks on the diff. It was also my limiting factor of travel up front so I'm guessing once it got beat up enough the stress broke the beat up weak spot. That's just my guess though. Could have gone differently. We were doing some tough red trails so it was taking a beating.
Thats impressive carnage though. You are wheeling the snot out of that thing. I do forsee a much heavier setup in your future.

In regards to "What I did to my Jeep"... its what I did to Pong's garage... and I still feel bad deep inside for it but I have already liberated some things to friends of mine who were in desperate need of the parts so their lives will live on. Hardest part for me thus far is letting go of some of these nicer components and not upgrading my Jeep or replacing the used pieces on mine with some of the matching new stuff... Like the 8x2.5 NIB PSC Full Hydro DE Ram... Daaaaannnggg that thing is pretty to look at. I think a few friends already have drooled all over it.

In regards to mine though... I think I am going to go away from the D20 and step up to the D300 with the HD outputs. The original Atlas I case was designed using D300 internal parts. The Atlas II just uses a little bit finer and deeper cut aftermarket gears but still mostly the same size as the D300 stuff and Stak offers a billet Aluminum replacement case that keeps the D300 guts and is smaller than the Atlas. I supposedly already have a buyer for my (3) Dana 20 cases, one of which is bolt in ready into any CJ, YJ, or TJ that uses the 6 bolt 23 spline output. If the deal falls through, holler. Ya'll have seen the abuse I've put mine through before it let go and the only reason it let go was due to adjacent mechanical failure of the cross member.

'97 TJ- Probably upside-down and on fire somewhere.

Engineering Judgement........ ...... Jury and Executioner.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:02 AM
KMA Krew
Rock God

Tonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to beholdTonka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxJ64 View Post
Thats impressive carnage though. You are wheeling the snot out of that thing. I do forsee a much heavier setup in your future.
If I could afford it I would do it now but untill that time comes Ill probably continue as is. In all honesty I enjoy the size of the jeep where its at but need stonger components. I was definiatly pushing it though being the first time a trailered. I was in a group with 5 others that were all long arm, 40 stickies and stretched with full widths and I was keeping up for the most part on some tough reds so somthing was gonna give eventually.

Im not sure if my steering issue was related but untill I get a new track bar on there its pointless to try and diagnose. I was getting the no left turning radius again.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Cut, Bend, Weld, Repeat!
Rock God

AlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud ofAlxJ64 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
If I could afford it I would do it now but untill that time comes Ill probably continue as is. In all honesty I enjoy the size of the jeep where its at but need stonger components. I was definiatly pushing it though being the first time a trailered. I was in a group with 5 others that were all long arm, 40 stickies and stretched with full widths and I was keeping up for the most part on some tough reds so somthing was gonna give eventually.

Im not sure if my steering issue was related but untill I get a new track bar on there its pointless to try and diagnose. I was getting the no left turning radius again.
Could have been the track-bar but sounds like a possible stripped out box. When the saginaws are at the end of the throw, and the end bearing is bad, or there is a crushed or worn ball in the screw, it can let the sector shaft skip a tooth, and for a gear that only has 4-6 teeth driven by a worm style ball screw... a lot of steering will go away quickly... If that happened it could have caused the trackbar to fail... Also make sure you check out the frame good to make sure that it's not cracked at all. Mallory's factory steering box slugs cracked around her frame rails and it was almost real bad. I drove it and noticed that the steering wheel would end up at a different index each time returning straight... Imediate stop, back streets home, and praying that the box stayed on.

'97 TJ- Probably upside-down and on fire somewhere.

Engineering Judgement........ ...... Jury and Executioner.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM
KMA Krew Old Skool Member
Rock Rider

Gunner is a glorious beacon of lightGunner is a glorious beacon of lightGunner is a glorious beacon of lightGunner is a glorious beacon of lightGunner is a glorious beacon of lightGunner is a glorious beacon of light

LOD Midwidth bumper installed, now waiting on waterproof heat shrink for fog lights. Then Zeon install. Wahoo.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
Web Krawler
Trail Runner

VaRipTide is on a distinguished road

New ujoints, pads, and rotors for the front today
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM
JeepJeepJeep Klub Member!
Rock God

necromancer_tat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
LOD Midwidth bumper installed, now waiting on waterproof heat shrink for fog lights. Then Zeon install. Wahoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaRipTide View Post
New ujoints, pads, and rotors for the front today